Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Real Life Addiction

People ask me all the time how I "do it all" -- clean house, fed baby, two jobs, workout, meal prep, and keep a happy hubby.... well let me tell you... 4 shots of espresso, baby! 
  1. Addiction       ad·dic·tion       əˈdikSH(ə)n/
    noun                   
    condition that results when a person ingests a substance or engages in an activity that can be pleasurable but the continued use/act of which becomes compulsive and interferes with ordinary life responsibilities, such as work, relationships, or health
"Good morning! Hi, can I please have a Venti Iced Caramel Macchiato Upside Down with Skim Milk and 4 shots?" 

"Can I get a name for the order?"

"Lauren"

"Great, that will be $5.25."

{Gladly hands over debit card, moves to barista area.}

"A Venti Caramel Iced.... for... yeah." 


Moran? Lo Lu Lawww? What? I've been coming here for 2 years.... 

Yep, I am addicted to Starbucks. Whether it's the coffee or the experience or habit, I'm not even sure I can pinpoint it. but it's a PROBLEM. My husband and I constantly talk about my frivilous spending and while $5 here and there could be seen as a "treat", mine is hardly a treat. On average, I'm spending about $25 per week at Starbucks, not including when I'm on vacation and go sometimes twice a day.

With tax season upon us and several home renovations we would like to complete, something has got to change.

Today I am divorcing Starbucks and am now engaged to be married to a savings account. This won't be easy. I've already been tempted.

On my way to enjoy mimosas and a pedicure with a girlfriend, I passed FOUR establishments. Ugh, the torment. I resisted. I will need a constant reminder and accountability for this endeavor, so I added this to the dashboard of my car.



Man I'm tired. I need a coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment